Saturday, December 13, 2008

Okay, medical time...

Don't forget to get your influenza vaccines!  The new guidelines have been sent out.  Ages 5-18 need to get their vaccines starting in September or as soon as the vaccine becomes available.  If you or your loved one is experiencing flue like symptoms... fever, chills, vomiting, night sweats, body aches (malaise)... then get to your doctor or the ER.  Tamiflu is still effective against the darn little virus.  It shortens the course if you start taking it within 48 hours.
Later Skaters

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah, my kids've had em already. As for myself and Brian....

Debbie said...

I must admit, I've never had a flu shot and probably never will. I should note too, I've never had the flu...at least in my adulthood, knock on wood. So for me...no thanks. Sorry Doc.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

As a side note. I've found that some of the least compliant people are doctors and nurses... Yes, Debbie is a nurse... Our family has no hope. :)