Monday, October 5, 2009

Oldie but Goodie...Oklahoma version

OKLAHOMA HIGHWAY PATROL vs NEW YORK LAWYER                                     A lawyer runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by an OHP.   He thinks that he is smarter than the Officer because he is a lawyer from New York and is certain that he has a better education then any cop from Oklahoma.   He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the OHP's expense.   The Officer says, "License and registration, please."  "What for?" says the lawyer.   The Officer says, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign."   Then the lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."   "You still didn't come to a complete stop," says the Officer. "License and registration, please.."    The lawyer says, "What's the difference?"   "The difference is you have to come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!" the Officer repeats.   Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration; and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."   "That sounds fair. Please exit your vehicle, sir," the Officer says.     At this point, the Officer takes out his nightstick and starts  beating the daylights out of the lawyer and says,  "Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?"      God Bless Oklahoma

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh yeah!!

Brad Hart said...

Jenn, are you still on my Facebook? I couldn't find you. Also, (and I know this is a shameless plug on Richard's blog) but I "resurrected" my private blog, now that I have some extra time:

http://hartbrad.blogspot.com

It will mostly be devoted to history, religion, politics, guitar, law enforcement, cooking, my family, and a few other things I like.

Rich:

You getting any sleep with the new baby? Hope all is well!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Nice blog Brad.

Re: Sleep...Not the best sleep. I tune the baby out now though and sleep through my alarm. I had to set 4 alarms to get up this morning.

Brad. Is your family healthy now?

Jenn said...

Brad, I just checked. I couldn't find you either, but I've been having some problems with that dumb thing. I'll send another friend request. Hope everyone is feeling better.