Monday, June 14, 2010

Our child proofed world

Have you ever wondered how we ever survived as a child? I mean, look at the regulations for everything now. Crib bars have to be a certain width so a childs head can't fit between the bars and cause the unthinkable. Believe me, I took a forensics pathology course and saw the horrific pictures. This is a good thing. Then we have the extremity of this regulation warning by putting choking hazard words on hot dog packages. Anyone else find some crazy warnings? Please add to the mix...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You know, regulations are all fine and dandy for consumer products to make them inherently safer, but label warnings for common sense things (WARNING: Beverage is HOT) are...ridiculous. Just one of the MANY reasons for TORT reform. My question is why can't people let their kids be kids and climb a tree, or play dodge ball at school, or do anything that has any remote danger in it? If you ask me (which you didn't), let your kids experience some "danger" (that won't kill them). I mean sheesh, I jumped on a trampoline with no net (gasp) and survived. My brothers' jumped off the roof, onto the trampoline and into the pool in one bound all the time. I explored, camped, kayaked, rafted, sledded down giant hills. We all turned out fine.

I just saw a crazy, common sense warning the other day, I'll find it.