Sunday, April 5, 2009

Obama loves guns, and so do I

Finally, some ideology we have in common!
Well, I would have to say, he is doing an awfully good job.  I walked into Walmart the other day and talked to the gun salesman.  I asked him how gun sales were going.  He said eh, so so.  Then he added that the ammo sales were up so much for 9mm and 22cal. that he didn't even bother to stock them.  He just puts the crate behind the counter and passes them out after the crate arrives.  My neighbor went to buy some 9mm at this same Walmart.  He was lucky enough to be one of the first in line when the crate came in.  After a couple of hours, the crate was empty.  Nice work Obama.
So, what do I do?  I need the gun before I can buy the ammo!  I've been wanting a shotgun and other guns for a long long time.  The largest gun show in the nation comes by twice a year.  I decided it was my time to go and see what it was all about.  Let me tell you... To borrow the words of my buddy who went with me, "It was the biggest shot of testosterone a guy could get in a day", and no needles were necessary.  Guns, galor, knives of EVERY kind, ammo, cans to put ammo in, blow dart tubes, non lethal tazers of every kind.  You name it, it was there.  I just wish I had more money, and a wife who would let me forget practicality for  a day ;).  So, even though gun prices were up this year, my buddy found me a sweet deal from a guy selling one hardly ever shot in many years.  Well, happy birthday to me.  Here is my new 20 gauge Winchester semi-automatic 1400 series.   Yeah, it's sexy.  And so are you Debbie.

4 comments:

KC and DL said...

Guns every guy needs to own:
12 gauge shotgun
20 gauge shotgun
22 rifle
deer rifle (I have a 300 Savage)
.357 revolver
9mm or 45 handgun
And a little extra = assault rifle, 410 shotgun, 30-06 rifle, 270 rifle and a beretta
Congratulations Rich, may it be just the beginning!
Kyle

Jenn said...

Yeah, it's the beginning and you'll quickly be down the road to multiple-gun ownership. I think Brian's next purchase is an AR15 (I th ink, it's some sort of rifle...). Oh, Brian said that if you ever want to get rid of the shotfun (oops...perhaps I didn't misspell that), he'll buy it.

Jenn said...

Just kidding, apparently he doesn't want an AR15...obviously I can't remember what it was.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Nice list KC! I'll have to jot that one down.
When I can afford such a sweet piece of machinery, an AR 15 is definitely a top pic for me Jen!