Saturday, January 31, 2009

Go breath some clean air

Well, I can't stand big cities.  Here is another reason for why rural living is a good idea. :)

BYU-HARVARD STUDY FINDS CLEANER AIR EXTENDS LIFESPAN

A new study by researchers at BYU and the Harvard School of Public Health shows that average life expectancy in 51 U.S. cities has increased by five months thanks to improvements in air quality. “Such a significant increase in life expectancy attributable to reducing air pollution is remarkable,” said C. Arden Pope III, a BYU epidemiologist and the lead author on the study, which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine in January. “Not only are we getting cleaner air that improves our environment, but it is improving our public health.”

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does an inversion count?

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Inversion? Inversions? We don't need no stinking inversions. Name that movie. :)

Jenn said...

Are we chalking one up for global warming??

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Uh, no Jennerator. Global warming caused by humans is a load of bonk! Al Gore is a money grubber looking to exploit the naïvety and gullibility of the US citizens. He needs to trade in his jet and get a coach ticket. Then he needs to give at least half of his wages to the global warming cause. That would still leave him with millions.

Jenn said...

I know that!! I was merely being sarcastic, you should know THAT by now!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

I know Jennerator... it just gave me a segway to vent more steam... Seems I'm building a lot of it up lately.

Jenn said...

I guess you need to come over and play a little Halo....

maren bosley said...

Hey Richard!
I got your comment. So, I'm sitting here in bed and Andrew's taking care of the kids because my strep is back! This will be the 3rd time. I've called my dr. for a prescription--trying to avoid the $20 co-pay to see her. Anyhow, to answer your question: 6 years ago I got strep, finished the 10 day prescription and about a week later it came back. Did 10 days of medicine again, about a week later it came back. Took a final round of medicine (not penecillin) for 10 days and it never came back until last month! So this whole thing is happening again. I will be starting my 3rd round today. The first time I had penecillin, last week I finished something other than penecillin. Anyhow, what do you think? Does my body just need more medicine than the typcial person??? I would be concerned except that I had a 6 year gap of no strep at all. There you go.

By the way I'm agreeing with you big time on all your political analysis. This stimulus plan has my blood boiling! Who thinks this garbage is actually going to help???!!!!

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Maren! You need your tonsils out! You are what we call a chronic strep carrier. These infections keep coming off and on the rest of your life if you don't get them removed. Anyway, that's the long and short of it.

Anonymous said...

You've stumped me. (I even tried to cheat and google it....no luck)