Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How bout' dem actions?

No, not dem as in democrats... we'll see about those actions to come.  
It is a time to celebrate the integrity of our former president Bush!  One of the open wounds in America's eye has been sutured shut at last!  Hallelujah! The injustice stemming from, suprise suprise, a lawyer, has been redeemed by former President Bush!
So, those of you looking for actions and not just "hope, change, and a bunch of hooplah", look at the injustice of Ramos and Compean now turned into a justice.   
"President Bush
 has commuted the prison sentences of former Border Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean!"
I am so very excited about this.  My brother might have a government backing him up after all.
To diverge a little...
So, "sit back and wave boys", and lets see what some hope, change, and a democratic president and senate will bring America.  My hope is that he won't increase my tax burden and make the tax cuts created by President Bush permanent.  I want some more change in my pockets and not in the pockets of greedy trial lawyers, banks, wall-street, auto industry etc.  hmmm, I want the thievery of the hard working to stop.  Ah, America, you can study for 35 years of your life in hopes of making a good living, all the while living below the "set" poverty line.  Then when you start making money and fulfilling the American dream, you get punished for it by taxes, greedy trial lawyers, and those along for the free ride.  I feel my hope slipping.  SAVE ME OBAMA!

3 comments:

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I agree that what he did for those guys was great. They never should have been in prision in the first place.

Anonymous said...

I heard about that too. The whole situation was rediculous.

Your perspective makes me laugh...probably because I can relate. Now that Jeremy has graduated and will be making more than $9/hr...we have to consider how to stay afloat in a new tax bracket....when all we want to do is pay off our student loans (and a couple of credit cards).

Punished for becoming sucessful...a little twist on that American dream. Sigh.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

OH, man! Good luck to you and your husband Maureen. That debt jazz sure is scary business! I've got enough to last me many years into the future.