Monday, January 26, 2009

The Roach that almost got away

For Bev's sake, we can now forego the name of endearment "Stinky Face" and inlay his real name...Roach.  Ronnie Roach is his full name.  A 19 year old amateur, or slow learner in the family business.  He saw my '94 honda, and thought, "hey, no alarm, no microchip embedded key for ignition security, easy chop-shop money.  New dew rag and ear ring bling, here I come." I was told multiple times that slightly older Honda's are an easy target.  In fact, at the repair shop, the side panel and ignition were referred to as "the theft repair kit".  Oh, how comforting to know my leaky oil, cracking tire, slipping transmission, paint pealing honda, has a target painted on it.
Such a sad start to life in the adult world for the Roach.  He has not superseded his family name nor their business.  Oh, but Richard, how do you know it is a family business!?! You conclusion jumping profiler!  Well, the police records gave us the proof.  The more I think on the incident, the more I realize how very sad is this boy's start in life.  
It's like I always told the youth when I taught them in sunday school, and the same thing I told Ronnie Roach as he sat in the nice warm police cruiser as I sat in the cold filling out an incident report with frozen fingers.  "The actions you commit, directly affect both you and others".  
On al lighter note, this is also something to keep in mind when you mess with someone in the medical field.  :) My mom sent it to me...gave me a good laugh.  
A motorcycle  patrolman was rushed to the hospital with an inflamed  appendix.  The doctors operated and advised him that all was  well.  However, the  patrolman kept feeling something pulling at the hairs in his  crotch.  Worried that it might be a second surgery and the  doctors hadn't told him about it, he finally got enough energy to  pull his 
hospital gown up enough so he could look at what was making  him so uncomfortable. 
 Taped firmly  across his pubic hair were three wide strips of adhesive tape, the  kind that doesn't come off easily.   Written in large red letters was the sentence:  Get well soon... from the nurse in the jeep that you pulled over last week.
Look out little Roach!

1 comment:

Deb's Big Hunk said...

:) yeah, they ended up letting him go the next day too. No wonder he was so laid back after getting the cuffs.