Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mor Man

I was walking through the hospital one day, and decided to stop in the small chapel on the first floor, tucked away in it's own little nitch with "Quiet room" above the door. I walked into the Non Denominational Chapel with a quiet reverence. It was very quiet and peaceful. After resting for a short while, I decided to take a look around at what they had to offer for their literature. There were plexiglass shelves with small books in them. Next to the shelves was this placard which I found quite amusing. Not only did they misspell "Mormon", but I found it interesting how you had to "ask the Pastoral Service" for one of the aforementioned books, as if they were a controlled substance or were afraid you would steal one. Heavens to Betsy! We can't give away enough of them, share the love Pastoral Service!

6 comments:

Melisa said...

Hey there! Glad you found us! We are doing good, really busy as I'm sure you can imagine. I'm glad intern year is over and anxiously awaiting the "it gets so much easier after intern year" phenomenon to occur. Brad says "Hello! How's the nose picking going?"

Debbie said...

You caught on to the incorrect spelling?? Wow! I guess I won't admit I didn't see it. I'm pleading poor picture quality on this one.

Jenn said...

The "Morman" misspelling is the first thing Brian picked up on. I agree, just have a huge stack and people can serve themselves.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Yeah, thanks deb, I'm not completely illiterate. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Melissa, nose picking is great. I'll be back at it very soon. Stories to follow. :)

Janalee, Ryan, Emilee said...

Just in case you don't already know I will never catch anyone elses misspelled words! Hehe
p.s.welcome to the web!

Melisa said...

Thanks for the comment on my comment to your wife. ;) It is encouraging to hear stuff like that. I was pretty sad about the whole thing. But it sounds like there never really was a chance of him staying. I don't know what he could have done any different or any better. In some crazy way that makes me feel better.

I don't know if he told you, but we got married in CO. Whereabouts you headin'?