Sunday, October 12, 2008

Greatest issue of the day...

No, I'm not talking about the two blow-hards trying to get your vote.  I'm talking about something much more devastating than either of those two babbling baboon's in office could do considering the checks and balances offered by the government.  That is...I hope...
The issue at hand is an insidious problem seeping throughout our country like a latent virus, ready to strike us down at the most inopportune time.  The issue at hand is the wrongful war that Judges in California started by going against the voice of the people and allowing gay marriage to be a lawful practice.  Whatever may be your view on the topic, it is absolutely constitutionally wrong for a judge or group of judges to hold more power than the major voice of the people.  Such is the case of Proposition 8 in California.  Let's hope it passes.
The moral implications on our country is frightening.  The foundation of our nation rests on the backs of the united man and wife.  That is how God planned it to be, that is how nature intended it to be.  Besides, don't make me quote fidelity problem.  I know conventional marriage has it's problems, but gay marriages/unions... far out-do those.
And finally, when we let the minority rule the majority, there is an enormous problem at hand.  
Here is a link to a much better writer than myself on the topic.  Besides, their family lives in California.
http://marcandsarahfisher.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I have been somewhat silent on this issue. I've just been supporting prop 8 through forwarding emails and such. And quite honestly, since I don't live in CA, there's not much I can do except monetarily (and all the people I know in CA support prop 8 as well, including a GAY guy).

Morality issues aside (most of us know the implications for our nation, public schools and families), I do not understand how 4 judges can overturn the majority. From my understanding, 61.4% voted for prop 22 (against legalizing gay marriages) in 2000. Granted, I don't know much about lawmaking or breaking, but I thought our countries laws were passed on majority rule. If anyone would care to explain to me the legal system, please do. I probably won't research it myself (at least right now).

Lisa said...

I agree with Jennerator. Why claim to be a democracy and NOT listen to the people? Richrd, did you hear about the first graders in California that went on a field trip to their teachers wedding? It was a gay marriage in San Fransico. Scary.

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Yes, Lisa, I did get that link. I actually got on to check my email and didn't realize that debbie was still signed on. Before I realized I was checking the wrong account, I followed the link you sent her to that article. I was appalled! I glanced through the article. I don't remember the newspaper it came from...maybe the San Francisco times?

How interesting that these little kids got time off to go see a 'gay marriage' for a 'field trip'. That is so very educational! I think all kids should be exploited and brain-washed by these self-important teachers. Lets teach the children how to be stupid! Nothing like killing off our nation, one gay family at a time.

Deb's Big Hunk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb's Big Hunk said...

Hey Lisa, if you don't mind. Put a comment with the link to the referred article so others can check it out. Thanks