Sunday, October 5, 2008

If I could bike 5 miles to work survey

I currently live about 20 miles away from work. One mile longer and I would smack my head against my car every time I went to work. When attending UVSC (now UVU) in Orem Utah, I lived about 7 miles away. The ride to the college was for the most part down hill. At the end of the day, I had a grueling ride home. I rode on a mountain bike I had bought with my own money back in 8th grade! But hey, it was better than walking or taking the bus. I actually liked it so much (and depended on it so much) that even when I had my appendix removed, 4 days later I was back at attempting the commute. Fortunately my roommates made me catch a ride with them every morning for the next week after I took a spill on the ice. Falling after a surgery isn't the smartest thing I've ever done.
Dating was a little rough, but hey, I didn't need women clouding my focus at that time anyway...yeah, I like that excuse. So, now I wish I lived 5 miles away again. Now the bike I'm dreaming of is a certain soft tail fat boy make by Harley Davidson. Then I guess the 20 miles would turn into a dream. Since I cannot afford the bike nor the life insurance policy my wife demands I take out if the thought turns too serious, I guess I'm still just wishing I could be 5 miles from work.
Okay, slacka's the poll results were 4 of you said they would bike to work 4 of you said they would drive to work

2 comments:

Melisa said...

For some reason, I have a great distaste for riding bikes. I'd rather walk the 5 miles, but that wasn't an option. ;)

When did UVSC change to UVU? Where have I been?! Not paying attention apparently...

Jenn said...

I love riding bikes, but, since I don't work in the sense of leaving my home, it's not an option. Maybe you can move close enough to your dad's work that you can ride the 5 miles...just be careful of the bugs, you wouldn't want to extract anything from your own nose.