Thursday, November 27, 2008

Casualties of the war will continue to amount

A grass roots email sent to me...

Gays launch hate attack against Mormons because of their support for traditional marriage

Thank the LDS church for its support of Proposition 8

Dear Richard,

Homosexual activists have launched a hate campaign against the Mormons because of the church's support for Proposition 8 in California. Prop 8 defined marriage as being between a man and a woman. Here are some examples of how gays are targeting Mormons:

  • A lawsuit by Fred Karger, homosexual activist, claims that the Mormons violated election laws in California.
  • Richard Raddon, director of the Los Angeles Film Festival, was forced to resign when it was discovered he contributed $1,500 to support Prop 8.
  • Homosexual groups are calling for the revocation of tax-exempt status.
  • For more examples, Google "Mormons prop 8."
...It blows me away that a group so bent on tolerance has vehemently attacked someone who doesn't agree with their view on an issue.  Not only are they turning a blind eye to the majority of people out there who oppose their view of same sex marriage, but they decide to single out a prominent party and seek to destroy those involved.  From blog conversations I've read, they are very spiteful, vengeful, and hateful to those who oppose something they feel is right.  Sound like Satan or Jesus is at the helm of their movement?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Ummm...I think it's Jesus!

KC and DL said...

I've been meaning to confront you about something...seriously, are Q-tips that bad? I've been using them my whole life with no problems at all! In fact, I can't imagine my ear canal without the sweet wax removing benefits that Q-tips have always, without fail, provided to me. Dana Lee can't use them, her ear canals are too small, so she uses bobby pins...Is it like in my profession how I ALWAYS tell people it's bad to give table scraps to their dogs because a blanket statement will protect those who will take it overboard and cause an acute pancreatitis when in fact, I occasionally give table scraps to my own dog because I will not over do it? By the way, glad your hospital is not scheduled for demolition.
Kyle

cassie said...

So, I don't know how to get the word out that I'm getting married besides going through you! It's true, and it's soon! I get married January 2 to Mike Gadd. Can you get me addresses for the guys? Thanks

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Q-tips...the root of all evil...kind of.

It's the bell curve. For 20-40% of the population, they can be no problem their whole lives. Then there are those who just stuff the wax back in, perf the TM's (tympanic membranes for others whom may read this), scuff the TM's, and cause Otitis externa, to name a few.

Wax has a slight acidic pH to ward off fungus and bacteria. Decrease the stuff, and one or both will attack.

Diabetics look out. You can cause a very very bad disease called malignant otitis externa. It's an infection that can spread via the fissures of Santorini to the brain...and then, the rest is history. Blasted Pseudomonas is usually the culprit there.

Anyway, those are some reasons I don't suggest using them.

Re: Scraps, I just give them to the kids. ;)