Monday, November 3, 2008

Morons with their Prop 8 slander against the Mormons

Thanks Brad for getting my blood boiling once again.  Again, my anger emotions are showing here.  But I firmly believe that constructive anger is a good thing.  After all, Jesus with his cat of 9 tales busting up the money changers was a good thing.  
So, with that said, Brad sent me a video sent out by the propaganda machine called Courage Campaign...
It "inspired" me to write a comment on the blog page.  I signed up under R Hu if you want to read it....click on the link to take you there.
If you don't want to read it, you can read my response to their efforts to skew the facts...

No to your unabashed slander of the LDS faith's reason to vote YES on this proposition.  All this speak on your add is propaganda smear without mentioning the reason for why the LDS faith is for voting YES.  Do you realize what saying no means?  Do you realize the damage to the fundamental unit that this Nation is founded upon? 

Your add is not only false on so many accounts, but it demeans the LDS faith and what they promote.  Their goal is not to destroy like you show so dramatically.  Their view is to allow wholesome family values to flourish under the guidance of a man and woman bound in matrimony.  This is how God and Nature planned a family to be. 

By a majority, this notion of same sex marriage is not what the democratic population of California desire.  It has been voted down before.  And by the all powerful and unjust justices appointed to that state, it was overturned against the wishes of the people. 

How dare you pointedly assault the Mormon church with such malicious propaganda.   And for their support of the majority of people in California.  Their support as to not give up hope in the democratic ways of our nation on moral issues of this day.

13 comments:

Jenn said...

I started the video and then within the first ten seconds had to turn it off...seriously, I think I'm shaking I'm so mad.

Very good comment. Have you read the replies to you? I'm still not sure why someone would get signatures and bring them to Salt Lake. For what purpose.

Brad, this just goes to show that people make decisions based on emotions instead of logic and reason...can't say I'm not guilty because this is extremely maddening, although I haven't posted on their site.

I guess we'll find out tonight what the vote was...and I dang sure hope it was YES, not only for the reasons we all know and that are most important, but just to stick it to them!! Stupid...(wish I could use another word here) jerks!

Melisa said...

My dear friend is out there holding "Vote Yes" signs and has received death threats amongst other obnoxious behaviors. It is amazing how far Satan will go to spread this stuff.

Rich's Fam said...

Hey Richard! Sure is nice to have a cousin who speaks so eloquently precisely the things I'd like to say. Hope all is well with you and yours! Sure wish we could get a Huffaker to come to our Kimball reunions!!:)
-Danielle

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Just read the replies on that flagrantly biased propaganda site"courage campaign". I have to admit, I was in on that blogging battle on You Tube after I posted on my site for quite a while.

There are some people with very skewed mentalities. It is very very easy to shoot someone down when you don't know enough about them. There was a ton of that going on against the church. However, there were some very good replies by church members as well.

I was proud of so many LDS posts fighting back against the skewed perceptions of a psychologist/counselor who only sees family pathology. Of COURSE not all LDS people are upstanding individuals. There are tomatoes that rot on the vine too. That doesn't make the bush a bad bush. THIS bush (the gospel) is perfect.

Debbie said...

But isn't it nice to know that despite all the slander out there, we are on the winning team?

InWeighOverMyHead said...

How did it turn out???? I hope it won. Even though I am here in Texas, I have been e-mailing all the info incase someone has friends or family in Cali.

Btw, gotta love the presidential election results huh? lol ;)

Jenn said...

No

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whew! After LOTS of reading...I second Jen -- some people most assuredly make decisions based on emotions alone. Sad what this world has come to. People seriously fighting against the "definition" of marriage...

Sigh.

Jenn said...

Brad-did you disappear off the face of the blog?

Jenn said...

I'm going through withdrawal!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

I just wanted to add this article...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705261649,00.html

Deb's Big Hunk said...

Great article Lisa. It's nice to have Christian brothers and sisters out there to watch our backs.